Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Positive :)

WE ARE PREGNANT!! We finally had some good news from the doctor with a high HcG level today! YAY!! So so very excited.

I wanted to try to write as soon as possible after our news so I can remember just how this feels...some definite disbelief initially, followed by shock, joy, giddiness, and some other stuff I don't know how to even describe. I am in awe of how it feels to have 2 little ones, not just in me, but attached to me. (though my body feels the same as it did yesterday...) The moment we have prayed for for 2 years is finally here! It is still very early in this, which is why we are waiting until a second blood test before I actually post this, but I am just so excited to be at this point. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to put into words what all has gone through my mind, and I think I'm having so much difficulty because it still seems so surreal. And I hesitate to be all excited and plan for the future after only 1 blood test for fear it will all be ripped away from me. So I'm trying not to think about that, knowing God is faithful even when I am weak, and just experience the joy of right now. Without the fear of the future.

So, our HcG needed to be 50. Not a real big number, just 50. We were at 849! Which most likely means we are having twins (which I would love). So we went out to dinner to celebrate and very briefly starting discussing the nursery plans. Andrew wants to pain the walls yellow if we have boy/girl and I want to paint them lilac if we have only girls. Pinterest is going to get very interesting in the coming months as I plan out our dream nursery :)

We go back for a second blood test on Thursday and will know the results by late that afternoon. Until then, we keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment