Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Week 16

Our baby is the size of an avocado! At the last ultrasound, we are measuring 5 inches from crown to rump, plus legs, and 0.36 pounds.  Such a tiny little thing to be causing so much drama already.  We had a great ultrasound experience last night where we got to see our little one moving all around - kicking, thumb sucking, smiling.  Really helps to make everything real, to remind me why I have felt so miserable for the past several months.  But I am finally getting to a point of being excited about being pregnant.  Of course I was excited about having a baby and getting to this point, but the pregnancy experience has not been enjoyable in the least.  I haven't felt the "glow" or joy.  But it's starting to come.  And it really is amazing to feel these kicks throughout the day.  Helps to ease my worrisome mind and put me at ease.

In the past 2 weeks, drama has slowed down significantly.  We have had no more scares, everything checks out with the doctor, and we are back on track with doctors visits falling at regular intervals instead of weekly or more.  Which leaves me with not much in the way of updates.  I love that God is giving us this time when we can be at peace with the pregnancy and hopefully start enjoying this blessing before the craziness of life starts with a newborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment