Saturday, June 2, 2012

Menopause week 8: completion!

Well, in the past 2 weeks we have continued to wait.  Yesterday was technically the final day of my menopause, though hot flashes have continued into this morning so it is definitely not the quick switch I was hoping for.  Andrew and I were away in Costa Rica for our 5 year anniversary during my normal weekly update, but there is really no big update to give.  I think mood swings might be settling down, road rage is still in full swing, hot flashes still come and go, and we are still waiting.  As soon as my cycle returns after being dormant and shut down all these weeks, we head back to the doc for labs and ultrasound.  Assuming everything looks good, new hormones start and the transfer occurs ~20 days later.  So possibly in another month??  It's all very exciting.  All this waiting, and we can finally see the end of the tunnel.  Craziness.  Today is another hopefully day, which I can only thank God for.  He has continued to be faithful despite my lack of faith, my frustrations, and my desire to just cut him out of the process so we can move forward a little quicker - cause somehow I think that would actually happen...

I did talk with the doctor yesterday and confirmed we'll be transferring 2 embryo, so I guess now we are praying for twins.  :)  Until then, the waiting continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment