Friday, April 6, 2012

Freezer official

What a hectic but wonderful week. I am finally starting to feel a little more normal - though still looking very much pregnant. Just getting tired and winded easily and still using some external force to keep my pants together. So appreciative of whoever it was who told me the rubber band trick, very useful. The doctor thinks about 2 weeks and I will be shrinking back down again.

We went to the Masters Wednesday and when we got back in the car at the end of the day, we had a message waiting from REACH with our official count. 14! At first I thought there must be some mistake, because that is such a huge number. It's ridiculous. Or more so miraculous. Because even when we were at the doctors office on Sunday and told him there were still 19 embryo at that time, he still told us from that normal would be about 5 or 6, maybe a few more since mine were all developing well at that time with no fragmentation. But nope, God has chosen to bless us with 14. I'm not entirely sure why that is the case - just how big does He want our family to be?? But I know he has a plan for each of these little ones and knows exactly what their lives will hold, even if some are incredibly brief and lost early. So now we are to pray for our future 14 children and that God will begin preparing us for our future as parents. What an amazing testimony of God's faithfulness and his ability to overcome all medical odds. Thank you so much to all of you who have continually prayed for us though this difficult journey. I'd like to think we've made it through the most difficult part, or at least a piece of the most difficult part, but I have a feeling I have no idea what I am in for. (probably all of you pregnant people or moms could attest to that one). But menopause starts next week with the first embryo transfer probably occuring some time in July? Will have to see how my body responds to the hormones - though right now it is pretty incredible to be hormone free :)

No comments:

Post a Comment